Tannin Time! S2-E6


Earth to Earth
Ashes to Ashes
Dust to Dust

We have Tannin Powder!

After Spring Break I was getting settled back into the run of things, especially with my lovely acorns. Upon looking at my set up I looked to find I had a beaker of tannin powder! Before leaving for the break I decided to see if I could use the tannin in water to write. Tannin is used for its dyeing abilities in my mind, the next logical step was to use it to write something. Pouring a small amount of my tannin into a beaker I began to write but at the end of the day, I forgot to clean up and put away the beaker. During the Spring Break, the tannin had time to dry out leaving me this tannin!


This is a huge next step and one long-awaited because I have been extracting tannin since the beginning of the semester. Now I need to boil down the rest of my acorn shells and finally boil down the rest of the tannin!

With my Bones of Amarna project, I have cleaned up my spreadsheets and have sent them to my mentor Bill to look over and critique. By the end of the month, I see us wrapping up the data analysis!







Comments

Popular Posts