Progress! S2-E7

Give us this day our daily bread
-Lord's Prayer

Acorns were good until bread was found
-Francis Bacon

Progress!

I have finally completed one of the many goals with the acorn processing, I have finally eaten my acorns. This week I turned the acorn mash into flour which was turned into bread! Now I have acorns and bread take THAT Sir Francis Bacon! The process has been strenuous but worth it, nothing tastes better than two months of hard work. But now the process. I strained the water out of the acorn mash and took it home. I took a pan flattened out the acorns onto it and baked it for about 4 hours until it was dry. About every half hour I would take it out of the oven to mix around so the outside of the mash would not get burnt. After it was dried I realized the flour was too clumpy so I milled it by hand. Finally, I baked acorn shortbread cookies which turned into just acorns muffins at the end. Here are some pictures!


Undried Acorn Mash
Slightly dried Acorn Flour

Finished Product, way to clumpy

The matate or hand mill I used

Finished product before shaped into muffins



Comments



  1. I remember you showed the acorn flour to me in the lab and I thought they were coffee grounds (lol). You started this project just for the curiosity and fun of it, and after two long months of hard work, you have made bread from acorns. That is awesome! I'm going to have to try some soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts