Week 9: The Stagnation is real

This week has been incredibly busy but not in regards to my research project. It being Halloween my household was feeling quite festive so we all went out to enjoy this spooky spooky season. But most importantly this week was just one of those weeks where everything was due. My Life Drawing class our sketchbooks were due for review and I was extremely nervous so I spent the week perfecting my sketchbook trying to add more and more beautiful drawing that showed proper technique. Along with that I also had a Stats test that wasn't too overwhelming just time-consuming.

On Monday I sat down with one of the Professors from the STEM mixer, and we spoke about future opportunities working with him! He works closely with Game Theory which got me interested in the first place. Game Theory I would say in a nutshell is the science of decision making. When you have a group of something, like businesses or people, its used to figure out what is the best case scenario for everyone in the group. As of right now, he is working with a student to create an algorithm to find cheaters in a class and separate the cheaters from those who are honest. And the applications of this could be limitless. It could be used not only by teachers, but by the government, those in the justice system, the police, and even those in the workplace. But most importantly I find it incredibly interesting I hope to be working with him in the fall!

Please enjoy some sketchbook photos too:




--John Burns

Comments

  1. I love those, most especially the one with the dots! You explained game theory simply very well. Thank you. That does sound super interesting. That project really seems like a great way to identify potential interventions for people who need some additional direction before any harm is done. You seem as if you made such great progress at the mixer! It's very encouraging to see one of my peers succeeding in such a way. I know that you'll continue to do well. I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we can all agree with you on life being extremely busy. I am glad to hear that your connection you made at ASU is coming to fruition. This is really exciting news! I hope it works out for you. It's nice you'll also have something to look forward to next fall. Hearing about algorithms and such make my brain spin.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts