Week 11 Research and re-measurements

After finishing my write up for my Research Paper and speaking with Bill I found out that I was doing one of my measurements wrong. When measuring the casting from the bones I was using predetermined measurement on the castings but after looking at them and then mentioning it to Bill we both came to the conclusion that the predetermined areas were wrong. Typically a bone cast is supposed to look like this:
And the measurements, with using the Latex Casting method (LCM), are supposed to be taken from the AP and ML lengths as described by O'Neil and Riggs. But the actual pre-marked AP and ML length were incorrect. Many were skewed far from being perpendicular. So I had to sit down and remark and remeasure all of the marks. All in all it wasn't a huge deal but it did set me back a week with fixing my measurements. 

-- John Burns

Also with Stan Lee's passing I stumbled across this video, and thought you would enjoy. I didn't realize what a wonderful man he was until after his passing:


Comments

  1. I really enjoy your attitude and how you are completing your research project. Frankly, it is really refreshing to come to your blog. This week you did a tremendous job overcoming some slight adversity and maintained a positive attitude even though your measurements set you back a week. As I look towards the end of the semester, I am full of anxiety of even finishing one of my research projects, so keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s good to hear you were able to keep calm during a setback, I probably would’ve lost my mind. I’m already to that point of wanting to go home and not want anything to do with school. Having finals and having to do research for Stem is driving me crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts